Touring the Saronic Gulf in Greece
We hope you choose to join us on an exciting adventure in Greece. Amazing views, quaint towns, quiet coves and crystal clear waters await you. You can hike, swim, dive, read, relax and watch amazing sunsets. Although we currently have limited availability for these 8 day tours, please get in touch if you are interested so we can see if there are any options that work. We are planning more trips in late August/September. Here is all the information you need to move forward with your booking. Please use the button on the right to fill in the form below to start the booking process or contact us in the chat box or by mail with any questions.
Make sure to check out our Amalfi Coast tours here, our 5 day Cyprus tours here and our spectacular volcano tours of the Aeolian Islands in Sicily here.
- Our embarkation point is the Alimos marina in Athens. It is easily accessible from Athens airport.
- Since we leave Athens on different days of the week, the itinerary will be adjusted for each trip so that we can spend Shabbat tied up in an appropriate location.
- We will not always be moored at ports or marinas and will spend a number of nights anchored using the dinghy to get to shore.
- Weather and sea conditions will always affect our progress and our itinerary which may change at any time.
- This is given as a guide only and additional or replacement stops will be planned as necessary to meet the conditions of the area or the requests from the crew.
Your Home on the Water
Meet this beautiful catamaran* which could be your home with 4 double cabins, each with its own en-suite bathroom and separate shower. She’s just under 14m long and 8m wide and as well as the expansive salon indoors, there is a shaded outdoor area, front cushions by the trampoline, and up on top, cushions to lie down and a wrap around seat to enjoy the view. The boat is fully air conditioned and has its own generator and water maker. (*Actual boat and configuration may vary)
Typical Greece Itinerary
Arrive at Alimos Marina, you’ll be shown to your rooms and get a thorough safety briefing and boat tour.
When everyone has settled in, we’ll leave the marina for a 3 hour sail SW to Agistri Island. Depending on weather conditions and the time we leave Athens, we may anchor in Agistri overnight or continue on to Epidavros.
We will spend the day in Epidavros Port where we can go and explore the sea by snorkeling at the remains of the submerged city or fFor those who want to go diving, this can be arranged in the morning.
In the afternoon, a half hour taxi ride to the spectacular Epidavros Amphitheater is highly recommended. The perfect acoustics that the Greeks built 4000 years ago have to be heard to be believed.
Leaving Epidavros early in the morning, we sail for around 3 hours to get to Poros where we will arrive midday.
This is a great place to stop for Shabbat depending on which day the trip started.
You can choose to stay on the boat for Shabbat or we can organize an AirBnB. We will discuss this before your trip.
Shabbat in Poros.
Time to relax, walk around the town and enjoy the Mediterranean vibe as well as chatting with other sailors and tourists!
Leaving Poros early in the morning, we head off to visit the island of Hydra where no cars are allowed. We’ll tie up in a bay East of the town and can either walk for 25 mins into Hydra town or grab a water taxi.
The town is stunning and a walk up into the hills is highly recommended.
We’ll head off now to Dokos bay where we’ll anchor overnight in the tranquility of an island almost uninhabited. Goats and chickens outnumber the people!
This is a truly spectacular location with stunning sunsets.
We’ll start our journey back to Athens by sailing back past Poros and anchoring overnight in Russian Bay. Here we’ll tie up the stern of the boat to the shore, drop the anchor at the front and enjoy our final Happy Hour cocktails of the journey.
Leaving very early in the morning, we cross the Saronic Gulf back to Athens arriving early morning for disembarking back in Alimos marina.
Kosher Sailing Booking Form
We’re looking forward to raising the sails and dropping the anchor with you! We will be announcing our 2023 schedule soon but please contact us in the meantime in your have questions or want to pre-register.
The concept is self catering and we all cook together but we offer help and guidance in menu planning and preparation. There is an option for a chef at an additional cost and subject to availability.
Please fill in the details below. Your booking will not be final until we receive a deposit and you receive confirmation by email.
Terms & Conditions
- 50% payable immediately to secure the booking.
- 50% balance payable 60 days before departure
- If the second payment is not forthcoming, we reserve the right not to refund the initial 50% deposit (see below)
Refunds and cancellation:
- No refunds can be given, however in the event you need to cancel, we will make every reasonable effort to find someone to take your place. If no one is found, or if a discount needs to be offered to fill the place, you will be reimbursed proportionally.
- Shabbat accommodation off the boat is not included.
- We will always do our best to find a suitable mooring for shabbat but due to weather conditions or crowded marinas/ports this cannot be guaranteed. We will always ensure that should you wish to be off the boat for shabbat, that you can disembark and make your way to a hotel or AirBnB of your choice.
Travel to/from the base:
- We are not responsible for any travel arrangements to or from the marina that will be our base. This is at your own expense.
- We sail on time! It is your responsibility to arrive at the appointed sailing day and time. If you are late, you will need to find ferry or boat transportation to catch up with us!
- Your participation in our sailing trip will only be finalized and confirmed after the deposit has been paid and you receive written confirmation of your acceptance as a crew member. We urge you not to book flights or make travel plans until you receive this from us.
- Unfortunately, we are not responsible for the weather and sometimes there may be delays or changes in schedule according to the conditions.
- There are no formal age limitations of who can be on board, however for the comfort of everyone, we do not encourage you to bring babies or toddlers who may decide to climb over the rail and jump in the water when unattended!
- Please talk to us if you wish to bring children under 8 years old and we will decide together if this is appropriate and safe for everyone.
Health and fitness:
- In order to come sailing with us, you need to be able to swim and to be reasonably fit.
- The level of fitness expected would be for you to be able to climb into a dinghy and row a short distance to shore.
- For everyone’s safety we require that all passengers be up to date with their COVID vaccinations.
- You will receive an extensive safety briefing when you come on board and before we set sail.
- We only use boats which meet all international safety standards and are equipped with a life raft, flares, life belts and all other safety equipment required by the regulations.
- You are required to obey the skipper’s commands at all times as relating to safety on board.
- The boat is insured by the charter company and the skipper has additional insurance.
- You are encouraged to purchase travel insurance that includes rescue at sea and emergency evacuation from sea (in the event of a medical emergency). Standard travel insurance policies may not cover this.
- You will be responsible for any damage you cause to the boat either directly or indirectly to the sum of €5000 or according to the insurance policy conditions of the boat, whichever is higher. You will also be charged by us for any time and costs we incur to resolve the incident.
Shabbat & Kashrut:
- There is no mashgiach on board.
- All kashrut policies will be explained and all questions answered prior to payment.
- Every effort will be made to meet specific requests for kashrut but no guarantees can be made.